Chientan Youth Activity Center is situated on the west bank of Keelung River in Chientan, Taipei, able to provide dining and lodging for up to one thousand people. It is China Youth Corp’s training center with the largest capacity, and is a venue that provides the most comprehensive services for training purposes in the Taipei area. The buildings can be divided into three area:
● The teaching area is next to Chientan lake providing a quiet environment for classes.
● Ten floors of lodging area in step-wise structure that is linked to the five-floor siheyuan building, where you can view Guanyin mountain and the mountains by Tamsui river mouth in the distance.
● The gathering area is located between the teaching and lodging area, using to hold large crowds and exhibits. The raised corridors can serve multiple functions.
1. Able to hold large number of people for lodging and activities. Scenic views with convenient parking.
2. The center stands alone providing easy management, combing dining, lodging and conference venue into one.
3. Images of the flowers reflected on the waters, ducks playing in the ponds all form sharp contrast with the busy urban life. It is the perfect place to seek some quiet among the bustle.
4. The center is within easy reach of major arts, cultural and tourist destinations.
5. MRT Chientan station is a stone’s throw away; Shilin night market, Chiang Kai-shek official residence, Yangmingshan national park, Tamsui scenic area and other attractions are also within the MRT’s reach, making the center a perfect starting point for travelers.
This center, in accordance with the Youth Activity Center residential facility management and safety maintenance regulations, order no. 1030000094B promulgated by the Taiwan youth education department of the Ministry of Education, is established and managed on a non-profit basis, and provide lodging for the following groups of people:
1. Student with valid document of enrollment
2. Adults who are below forty years old.
3. Any individual who are attending activities held by government agencies, schools, NGOs in relation to public welfare, education, service and training, health or culture.
4. Any staff or volunteer with the document of proof issued by the China Youth Corp.
5. Teachers or relatives accompany individuals that meet the first two criteria, which shall not exceed four people.